Want to know some of the top home trends and predictions for the next five years? Here’s what to expect, according to marketresearch.com.
1. Small, multi-functional furniture is gaining popularity. More consumers are shying away from large, overstuffed sofas and king-sized beds.
2. More complex robots will emerge in the coming years. Household cleaning robots are only the tip of the iceberg. In the future, our homes may include high-functioning toy and educational robots, robotic personal assistants, and even family companions. In addition, consumer robots may play a key role in eldercare as the population ages.
3. More and more homeowners are interested in making the most of their outdoor spaces. Demand is on the rise for landscaping products that bring the comforts of home outside to the deck, porch, and patio. The popularity of outdoor living spaces will drive sales of concrete pavers, fireplaces, lighting, and decorative elements.
4. The smart appliances market is growing rapidly. Demand for smart appliances is forecast to grow at 15.4 percent annually. Outdoor living will stimulate more demand in the residential market.
5. More home security. Increasing interest in value-added monitoring services—such as video verification to reduce the number of false alarms—has further buoyed revenues in the already dominant market.
Looking for a new home to try out these trends? Contact us: